RussianMilitaryTrucks.com

Welcome to the RussianMilitaryTrucks.com forum. Share news, get help, find parts and chat. Any requests/ suggestions please email admin@russianmilitarytrucks.com. RussianMilitaryTrucks.com is not affiliated with any other site, company or organisation.
This site would not survive without support from its users. Find out how to donate
Donate to RussianMilitaryTrucks.com

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:32 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Hello from Texas
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:17 pm 

My name is Chris
I live in the panhandle of texas, about 1.5hr south east of Amarillo.

I currently own an M35A2 but I am on the prowl for a MAZ 537 which is why I joined this forum.

Im also debating on getting a ural or zil....not sure yet but those are for sale over here in the states every now and again.

1987 Kaiser Jeep M35A2

1971 M35A2 (SOLD)

I need a MAZ 537....its not a want, its a need

Last edited by Maverick1701 on Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Hello from Texas
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:36 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Chris,

Welcome to the forum, Rob Reznik I believe has a Maz. I'd guess he'll be able to give the low down on ownership. Are there many/any already in the States?

110 Hardtop with no engine
Series 2A Dormobile restoration
Series 1 80" ditto

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:46 pm 

zoltan wrote:
Hi Chris,

Welcome to the forum, Rob Reznik I believe has a Maz. I'd guess he'll be able to give the low down on ownership. Are there many/any already in the States?

Thanks Ill have to shoot him a PM
I dont think there are any in the states (if they are I havent read/heard about them)
I am also on steelsoldiers forum and there are a few guys who have tatras in the states and one guy has a MAZ537 but i cant remember if he lives in the states or not

1987 Kaiser Jeep M35A2

1971 M35A2 (SOLD)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:49 am 
Site Admin

Hi Chris and welcome to the site - alas I dont own a Maz :( - I have the smaller Zil 135 which only has two 7ltr V8 petrol engines and not the bigger diesel engine with Scud missile - there are two Maz trucks in the UK as far as I'm aware - one private and one owned by a dealer ( the later was for sale the last time I heard and with scud missile but sick engine) - if you can wait for export papers they are still available and cheap in the Ukraine but it will take time to get the paperwork sorted.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:02 am 

Rob Reznik wrote:
Hi Chris and welcome to the site - alas I dont own a Maz :( - I have the smaller Zil 135 which only has two 7ltr V8 petrol engines and not the bigger diesel engine with Scud missile - there are two Maz trucks in the UK as far as I'm aware - one private and one owned by a dealer ( the later was for sale the last time I heard and with scud missile but sick engine) - if you can wait for export papers they are still available and cheap in the Ukraine but it will take time to get the paperwork sorted.

impressive!! rig!

How cheap is "cheap"? im expecting to pay around 80-100K but I dont know what the going price is.

I came across 2 MAZ543s online....one w/the SCUD and one w/out but I dont want the missle and everything, just the tank hauler version (im sure the SCUD would cost A LOT more money that just the tank hauler one)

Does the Zil135 steer w/the front and rear axles? I was watching a vid on youtube and I could have sworn i saw the rear axle steering

1987 Kaiser Jeep M35A2

1971 M35A2 (SOLD)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:10 am 
Site Admin

yep front and rear wheel steering - locked diffs - 1600X20 tyres - CTIS - can run on one engine but with combined power has 360BHP moving a truck of 10.5 tonnes so not that slow - its for sale as well :( -

http://www.russianmilitarytrucks.com/al ... .sized.jpg

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:36 am 

Rob Reznik wrote:
yep front and rear wheel steering - locked diffs - 1600X20 tyres - CTIS - can run on one engine but with combined power has 360BHP moving a truck of 10.5 tonnes so not that slow - its for sale as well :( -

http://www.russianmilitarytrucks.com/al ... .sized.jpg

that is a thing of beauty!!! (insert drool simley here)

How much are you selling it for? (if you dont mind me asking)
yalls CTIS is much better than the M35A3 CTIS

those tires are huge!!! one of the steelsoldiers members near me runs them on his 5-ton and they are very capable tires

1987 Kaiser Jeep M35A2

1971 M35A2 (SOLD)