Trucks in Mississippi

Moderators: Charlesm, KarlJ, zoltan

93sr20det

Trucks in Mississippi

Post by 93sr20det » Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:18 am

anyone know anything about the trucks located in Saucier Ms. I see them everyday on my way home and I wonder if they are for sale

here is a google maps image from above

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=30.5 ... &z=18&om=1

they are all in good shape minus dry rotted tires. i spoke with the man at the pawn shop next to them and he said that the owner is old and sick and he cannot get in touch with him

Rob Reznik
Site Admin

Post by Rob Reznik » Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:27 am

Hi Alex - what trucks are they exactly? - can you get in to the site and take a few photos and put them on the Gallery. Could these be related to the thread created by Jim?
Cheers
Rob

93sr20det

Post by 93sr20det » Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:10 pm

seems alot of conspiracy was involved? maybe that is why they are all rusting away. my data cable for my cell phone(only camera) is broken but i will try to get pics this week. there is a gate and 8 foot fence around the compount but it is unlocked. what does everyone want to see in the pics?

12/30/1993-A German freighter docked at Gulfport, Mississippi and offloaded 540 Russian military vehicles, which were then taken to the Airmar Resources facility at Saucier, Mississippi.

6/8/1994-1,500 military vehicles were observed parked in the Airmar Resources compound on U.S. 49, Saucier, Mississippi. Included were Russian ZIL-131 and ZIL-137 heavy duty trucks, ARS-15 chemical and biological decontamination vehicles, chemical transportation

This was an article I found.
The SPOTLIGHT has obtained photographs of railroad flatcars filled with
Russian and UN trucks and armor spotted in the Western states, along
with others taken of the massive depot in Mississippi.

The SPOTLIGHT has also obtained copies of bills of lading for Russian
vehicles obtained for UN purposes from what was formerly East Germany,
which have been shipped to the united States, landing at Gulfport dock
facilities in Mississippi and driven to the depot, located three miles
south of Saucier, and 45 miles north of Biloxi, along Mississippi Highway 49.

The depot is surrounded with a chain-link fence, topped with barbed
wire, and guard dogs are reported to be used to protect the area from
intruders.

A videotape taken of the area and obtained by The SPOTLIGHT shows dozens
of the vehicles, including several chemical and biological warfare
decontamination trucks that have been painted white, presumably for UN
use.

The bill of lading, indicating that the vehicles were obtained through a
West German firm operating under the name of *Beesch Merkator*, lists
dozens of Russian-built military trucks intended for UN purposes.

The vehicles include several varieties of Russian ZIL-131 heavy trucks,
including some listed to be of the ARS-14 type, which are chemical and
biological warfare decontamination vehicles, and two varieties of
ZIL-157 heavy trucks.

OTHERS AT DEPOT

However, photographs obtained by The SPOTLIGHT of the truck depot near
Saucier also include other Russian-built trucks, including some of what
appear to be the MAZ-500 series.

A detailed report has been obtained that confirms a large road about 35
(or 85 -- I can't tell from the FAX) feet in width, has been built to
connect the truck depot with the Stennis NASA Space Center, located
about 20 miles southeast of the depot near the Mississippi-Louisiana
border.

There have also been reports that the vehicles are being shipped by
barges on the Pearl River, which runs along the border of the two
states, north to some unknown destination.

This was a post on a forum for offroading:
OK. I'm hoping Lee (mcinfantry) can add a little insight to this. I first saw this place about a year ago. It's on highway 49 about 8 miles north of I-10 in Mississippi. This place is huge...if you miss it, you're blind. Coming from I-10, it's on your left, right after the "City of David" (some religious compound), but right before the "rebel house" (you'll know exactly what I'm talking about if you happen to go that far.)

Story goes like this. December 1993, a retired Lt. Col. Koval (owner of Airmar Resources) shipped in 540 Russian ZIL-131 and ZIL-137 heavy duty trucks and ARS-15 chemical and biological decontamination vehicles. These vehicles were supposedly to be restored and reshipped over to South Africa for UN usage. Most if not all of these trucks have less tha 1,000 miles on them. Some stories go that Koval had some sort of falling out with US Customs over some importation tarriffs, so the trucks had a hold put on them....this makes sense to me, as I've never seen anyone over there working on them, but apparantly some of the vehicles have started to be converted to UN vehicles (the white painted ones in the pictures). I've gotten ahold of Airmar's phone numbers, but have yet to be able to contact someone about them. Just wondering if anyone knows anything about these trucks...are they available for parting out, sale, whatever? Would like to get ahold of one, as they are in excellent physical condition...who knows the last time any of them have started, so i cannot comment to the mechanicals of the things. They are all decked out with PTO winches, and all the tires look pretty new (tread wise, and no visible cracking to the rubber). Some are transport vehicles, some are fuel carriers, and some have what appear to be radio boxes on them. If anyone has any info, please let me know.

Charlesm
Site Admin

Post by Charlesm » Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:03 pm

This URL contains the copy mentioned above:

http://www.hackcanada.com/blackcrawl/pa ... _moves.txt

This mentions the trucks, but no images:

http://www.infolords.com/virgil-goode.htm

This might be the 4x4 club post referred to:

http://www.delta4x4club.com/forum/lofiv ... /t808.html

I'm sure there is more out there if I had time to look!
1999 Discovery 2 GS
2006 Triumph Sprint ST

Forum member's locations: http://goo.gl/maps/qSQt. Let me know if you want to be included or your location or details changed.

93sr20det

Post by 93sr20det » Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:19 pm

I spoke with a man today who is good friends of the original importer of the trucks. He is going to try to get in touch with him and find out any details he can for me.

93sr20det

Post by 93sr20det » Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:13 pm

update: koval origionally paid $1 million U.S. for everything and had to have it shipped here. Before they were shut down they were selling things dirt cheap. A doctor from about an hour and a half away bought about 6 of the shells and burried them and is using them to store guns. also they were letting generators (50hz or phase maybe?) and u.s. motors are 60hz or phase? and they would not work on electric motors here but you could run 100 light bulbs off them for dirt cheap. also when they removed the bodies off the trucks they would drag them to the barn and cut them off with a torch.

Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke » Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:19 pm

yeah uk motors are 50hz, so that would explain that, do you think you will be able to get hold of any of them?
ha and what would you choose?
the maz?..........
or the zil?........

luke

93sr20det

Post by 93sr20det » Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:40 pm

keep in mind i am in the southeast united states.... and i think i would choose a zil because of the petrol engine