4 zils me...

Moderators: Charlesm, KarlJ, zoltan

paulob1

4 zils me...

Post by paulob1 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:37 pm

Well my zil, andys old one...needs clutch, back body, new seats and some body work...
My oldest sons zil, need body panels but has a new clutch new spraks and old ignition...runnign nice and will fit the exhaust tomorrow if i can wresstle myself away from that throaty unsilenced v8 rumble...glorious but a bit loud...going to try and fit just a couple of straight pipes and see how she runs...she has a new winch ready to fit and we have just fitted the forward pointing pto...i am still going to try and fit two ends to one and see if it works, it looks like it should...
The middle age sons 131, the best opf the lot, should have its new starter fitted tomorrow and the new plugs and running on clean fuel by end of day...that is getting the wrecker back and a new front winch. Will also fit a flat bed on the back too...
The decontam unit is having ignition problems and i dont have a simple answer so will have to work my way through it with a multimeter, but it will be a bit like the blind leading the blind as i dont know what to check or how to test the components...will check the manuals...any help here would be much appreciated...

Rob Reznik
Site Admin

Re: 4 zils me...

Post by Rob Reznik » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:01 pm

do any of the other trucks have electronic ignition? - if so and if electronics aren’t your strength just keep swapping parts over until it runs :)
Rob

paulob1

Re: 4 zils me...

Post by paulob1 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:24 pm

sure was my plan but i think its wiring, just have a hunch....will see tomorrow...but it will be running...