Hi from Pridnestrovie!

Have you just joined or have you been here a while? You can introduce yourself, and your vehicle, here. You can also find a link to the member map along with instructions on how to get yourself listed.

Moderators: Charlesm, KarlJ, zoltan

Guillaume

Hi from Pridnestrovie!

Post by Guillaume » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:15 pm

Hi,

I’m Guillaume, a French guy currently living in Pridnestrovie.

I’m currently trying to buy a UAZ-459 (or rather their successor, from 1996/1997).

So far, I’ve found a military version, and one from the militia (with the smaller door and the left over of the ‘prison cell’).

I’m quite a newbie when it comes to mechanics and Russian cars, and my Russian is not good yet, so I’m glad I’ve found this English-speaking forum.

I decided to go for a military version because of the 7 seats and the higher clearance. I’ve also been told they are more reliable.
I intend to use it as my main car, and off-road.

I’ll gladly welcome any advice on how to chose the best model, and what to pay attention to before buying. Later on I might have more technical questions on how to improve it a bit.

I might also buy a GAS-69 or GAS-67 in the future, as I find them very good-looking, or an UAZ-452 (to use as a camper can).

But for now my priority is to find the right 469/successor.

OJMaxwell

Re: Hi from Pridnestrovie!

Post by OJMaxwell » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:34 pm

Hello and welcome!

Hows Moldova treating you? Feel free to ask around if you find something interesting in Russian (like the UAZBuka forum) - there is a number of Russian speakers here I believe (myself included), so we'll sort you out in no time.

Cheers and good luck with that 459!
GAZ 66