New member in Surrey

Have you just joined or have you been here a while? You can introduce yourself, and your vehicle, here. You can also find a link to the member map along with instructions on how to get yourself listed.

Moderators: Charlesm, KarlJ, zoltan

DougieIrish

New member in Surrey

Post by DougieIrish » Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:36 pm

Hi, I’m a bit useless at the whole internet thing but I’m the person who bought Andy’s black GAZ 66 last year. It’s been out to work on site and had a few alterations done on it, namely a few windows and a large awning as I use it for timber framing. I’m looking to buy a trailer to tow on the odd occasion but not sure if towing a military drawbar trailer will totally kill my horsepower ? Anyone got any input on this ? Ideally a trailer to carry a Bukhanka. Can’t seem to load any pictures but it’s taken me long enough time to suss out getting to this stage 😅

OJMaxwell

Re: New member in Surrey

Post by OJMaxwell » Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:33 pm

Hello and cheers from Moscow - thanks for keeping on using our trucks! Black ones are rare around here - would love to see some pictures if you sort them out.

it is unanimously agreed that ZMZ-V8 is more on the flimsy side even for the truck itself, I personally wouldn't think about towing anything heavy on the road - those slopes will kill ya.

Anyway, welcome!
GAZ 66

DougieIrish

Post by DougieIrish » Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:09 pm

1972 GAZ66
1981 UAZ452
1955 CHEVY PANEL VAN
1967 NORBSA
LANDROVER DEFENDER 130

moose7576

Post by moose7576 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:18 am

Welcome to the forum! Very helpful guys here and plenty of info to browse through. I met Andy and his (now yours) Gaz a while back - she's a tidy unit. I did borrow a Hub wheel nut socket from him with the proviso I send it to the new owner. PM your address and ill post it to you. Im just down the way near Guildford so perhaps could arrange a drop off. Enjoy the truck!