Hello From Holland

Have you just joined or have you been here a while? You can introduce yourself, and your vehicle, here. You can also find a link to the member map along with instructions on how to get yourself listed.

Moderators: Charlesm, KarlJ, zoltan

teddy-

Hello From Holland

Post by teddy- » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:00 pm

Hello everyone,

My name is Dennis, from the northern part of the Netherlands, build somewhere around '81. Ive always had a passion for 4x4 vehicles, used to own a lwb Patrol, and an offroad samurai (SPOA, winch, rollcage, the works). A few years ago i found some pictures of russian millitary trucks, real nice!

I'm hoping to get one someday, preferably a 131, as the nose makes it look so good, but common sense says some diesel COA would be a much wiser choice. But at the moment a haven't got the time or the money, as ive recently started my own business, creating signs, decals, custom clothing and such, and having a second job in a restaurant to pay the bills.

Anyway, you guys have some nice trucks rolling around, i do enjoy reading about them and seeing some nice pictures. ;)

zoltan
Site Admin

Re: Hello From Holland

Post by zoltan » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:37 am

Hi Dennis,

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure after a while hanging around here you'll be drawn into getting yourself a 131, the Russian truck bug catches you easily on here! How about a 131 on LPG?
Runners: Gaz-66
Uaz 452
110 V8 CSW on LPG
Non Runners:
110 Hardtop with no engine
Series 2A Dormobile restoration
Series 1 80" ditto

HybridMark

Post by HybridMark » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:23 pm

Welcome :-BD :-BD :-BD
Zil 131 Radio/Camper. Up and running in full use.

Ford Fiesta
Peugeot Boxer Motorhome
Garage full of crap.

http://www.southcavetractors.com

teddy-

Post by teddy- » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:26 am

Thanks for the welcome guys :-)

LPG is indeed a viable option, saves about 35-50% on the fuel bill i think. Is it alowed to cook from the same LPG tank as the engine runs on? Then it would be a nice solution, as the bottled cooking gaz is quie expensive aswel, and people frown when we fill bottles at the gas station with our homemade adapter. :-D

zoltan
Site Admin

Post by zoltan » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:02 pm

I think the problem with cooking from the same tank is that the fuel tank is designed to pick up liquid gas from the bottom of the tank whereas the cooking tank collects gas from the top of the tank and has no dip tube in. I don't know of a tank that has two outlets which could do this job.
I have two tanks in the Gaz but they are both filled with LPG, one cooking/heating tank of 27 litres and a fuel tank of 140l. Only used the cooking tank so far :(
Runners: Gaz-66
Uaz 452
110 V8 CSW on LPG
Non Runners:
110 Hardtop with no engine
Series 2A Dormobile restoration
Series 1 80" ditto