Hello from Basingstoke

Have you just joined or have you been here a while? You can introduce yourself, and your vehicle, here. You can also find a link to the member map along with instructions on how to get yourself listed.

Moderators: Charlesm, KarlJ, zoltan

sheltiereg

Hello from Basingstoke

Post by sheltiereg » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:57 pm

Hello everyone, I'm Reg and I am fascinated by Russian Military vehicles.
I aspire to a Ural 4320 or a Zil 131 but at present ride an Irbit Ural Gear up in camouflage colours.
I also have ten Shetland sheepdogs which explains the username.

I am hoping someone on here not too far away from me has a Ural or Zil that I could come over to see in the metal to get a real idea of the size, etc.

zoltan
Site Admin

Re: Hello from Basingstoke

Post by zoltan » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:36 pm

Hello Reg,
Welcome to the forum. Hopefully if we get our act together soonish we will have another forum meet so there should be a few Zils and Urals to have a gander at
Runners: Gaz-66
Uaz 452
110 V8 CSW on LPG
Non Runners:
110 Hardtop with no engine
Series 2A Dormobile restoration
Series 1 80" ditto

KarlJ
Site Admin

Post by KarlJ » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:26 pm

Welcome Reg - hope you enjoy the forum. If you have a look at the member map you can see who is nearest to you who might be willing to let you have a look. There should be a forum meet next summer.
This site can't survive without support from it's members. Please donate here: http://www.russianmilitarytrucks.com/donate.htm

paulob1

Post by paulob1 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:12 pm

pm me I am in ALton, Actually trucks in Guildford, your most welcome to come down and have a look...

sheltiereg

Post by sheltiereg » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:06 pm

Hi Paul, I did try to PM you but it doesn't seem to have worked. I would like to see your trucks first hand and am fairly flexible as to when, given the restriction of ten dogs and a disabled partner to take care of.

Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:56 pm

Hey reg, welcome to the site, its nice to see a new face, I'm sorry its took me so long to approve this post..... it just slipped off my radar, don't worry about the PM's you won't be able to send any until you get out of your 5 post probation period - its just what we do to help prevent spam on the site,

And I don't know how you manage with 10 dogs! I have 2 and although I love them to bits they drive me mad! I can only imagine with 10 it just amplifies the annoying bits! That and you have 10 bottoms that require picking up after!
x1 92' Suzuki SJ Image

And an interest in all things Russian!

sheltiereg

Post by sheltiereg » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:26 am

Hi Luke
I had a feeling that pm's were restricted somehow.
It helps with the dogs to have a large shovel!!

Reg