Translation help please - German to English

Moderators: Charlesm, KarlJ, zoltan

RangerNeil

Translation help please - German to English

Post by RangerNeil » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:24 pm

I have the new "CA" decals for the UAz - the instructions however are in German.. I've tried running them through Google translate but the results leave a bit to be desired. Can anyone hep with a more accurate translation please??

Original text
Klebeanleitung für Aufkleber – Digitaldruck
Bevor Sie mit dem Verkleben geginnen, zeichen Sie sich zunächst Ihr zu beklebendes Objekt an. (Bleistift oder Abklebestreifen z.B. Malerkrepp verwenden)
Bei der Verwendung von Malerkrepp einfach den Aufkleber auf die zu beklebende Fläche legen, dann mit dem Krepp die Ecken/Ränder markieren (siehe Zeichung).
Sie haben nun die Wahl zwischen Nass- und Trockenkleber. Kleineren Aufkleber lassen sich i.d. Regel gut trocken kleben, bei größeren Aufklebern sollten Sie nass kleben.
Zum nasskleben benetzen Sie die gesamte Klebefläche “satt” mit Prilwaser (1Teil Pril : 1 Teil Wasser)
Sie können hierfür handelsübliches Fensterputzmittel verwenden.
Entfernen Sie nun (vorsichtig!) den aufkleber vorn Trägerpapier.
Sie können die Rückseite (klebeseite) zusätzlich beim abziehen mit der Pril-/Wasser mischung einsprühen. Sie halten also nur den fertigen Aufkleber in der Hand.
Den Aufkleber dann auf dem “satt” eingeschwemmten Untergrund platzieren und ausrichten.
Dies ist durch das Prilwasser problemlos möglich.
Haben sie die richtig Position erreicht, beginnen Sie mit einem Rakel o.ä.
(Empfehlung: Filzrakel! VORSICHT! kein Hilfsmittel benutzen das den Aufkleber zerkratzt!) die flüssigkeit unter dem Aufkleber herauszuarbeiten. Im Randbereich kann sich der Aufkleber und mehrfachem andrücken. Am Ende noch einmal mit dem Rakel über die verklebte Folie gehen, und die Flüssigkeit vorsichtig herausrakeln.
Zum Trockenkleben gehen Sie wie oben beschrieben vor, lassen aber das prilwasser weg. Hierbei sollte Ihnen aber klar sein. "wenn die Folie klebt, dann klebt sie auch!"
Haben sie die Folie verklebt, auch hier mit einem Rakel nachreiben, evtl entstandene Blasen vorsichtig mit einer nadel aufstechen und die Luft herausrakeln.

Mindesttemperatur um den Aufkleber zu verkleben 7 Grad Celsius

My attempt at translation:
How to Apply for stickers - digital printing
List before you can to bonding, you first sign in to your beklebendes object. (Pencil or Abklebestreifen eg masking tape use)
Lay in the use of masking tape just the sticker on the surfaces to be glued, then the masking the corners / edges mark (see diagram).
You now have the choice between wet and dry adhesive. Smaller items can be i.d. Usually stick dry, you should stick with larger labels wet.
For wet glue wet "tired" the entire bonding surface with Prilwaser (1 part Pril: 1 part water)
You can do this with commercial window cleaner.
Now remove (carefully!) the front stickers backing paper.
You can use the back (sticky side) in addition to deduct the Pril-/Wasser spray mix. So keep only the finished sticker in hand.
The decal on the "full" position and align been flooded underground.
This is due to the Prilwasser problem.
When they have reached the correct position, you begin with a doctor etc.
(Recommendation:! Felt blade CAUTION not use the tool scratched the sticker), the liquid under the sticker working out. In the edge region can the sticker and press it several times. At the end again with the squeegee on the applied film is going, and squeegee out the liquid carefully.
For dry adhesion follow the same steps as above, but leave off the prilwasser. Here, you should be clear. "If the film sticks, it sticks too!"
They have glued the film, also with a knife rub, possibly resulting puncture bubbles gently with a needle and squeegee out the air.

To adhere to the minimum temperature of 7 degrees Celsius Stickers
Neil.

1969 FV622 Stalwart 19 ET 90 STALII/629 - now sold after loss of storage :(
1973 Series 3 109" FFR 55 FM 58 -
1978 Czech OT-90 - now has the PKT mounted, just need the KVPT....
UAZ 469

Abrs
Top Banana (very helpful member)

Re: Translation help please - German to English

Post by Abrs » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:17 am

Typical over complicated German instructions! =))
“There is something fascinating about science. One gets such wholesale returns of conjecture out of such a trifling investment of fact.”

Mark Twain

aardvark64

Post by aardvark64 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:45 am

My hovercraft is full of eels?

There was a (probably-apocryphal) story about early automatic (machine) translation when "the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak" got rendered from English to Russian as "good vodka, rotten meat".

Best wishes, Colin
Trabant - Kleinwagen mit Grosser Zukunft

.... photobucket ate my signature, Flickr put it back ...

YA3, 3иL - If I have to explain, you wouldn't understand...

Trapper Ind

Post by Trapper Ind » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:17 pm

my hover craft is full of eels=

mine luft kissen fartzoig ist vuller aller..?

is somewhere close maybe?? lol
'You will never go to heaven with an AK 47'
http://www.trapperindustries.com
tank driving days:
www.trakdaze.co.uk

duncan

Post by duncan » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:35 pm

It's very bad German, either from computer translator or someone who never learned german, so the translation is a bit liberal.
Sticking-guide for stickers - digital print
Before you start with the glueing, first draw lines on the surface (using pencil or painters-tape)
When using painterstape, simply put the sticker on the surface and use the tape to mark the edges or corners (See drawing).
Now you have the choice between wet and dry stickers. Smaller stickers will usually be easy to stick dry, with larger stickers you should use wet-sticking.
For wet-sticking, wet the whole glueing surface "soaked" with pril-water (1 part pril, 1 part water) [Note: no clue what Pril is]
You can use mainstream window-cleaning-liquid for this. [Note: Probably they mean Pril]
Now remove (carefully) the sticker from carrying-paper.
You can additionally spray the backside (sticking side) with Pril-water mix while pulling it off. You now only hold the "ready" sticker in your hand.
Then place the sticker on the soaking wet surface and align it.
This is possible without problems because of the Pril-water.
When you reached the correct position, start to remove the fluid under the sticker with a squeegee (suggestion: Filt-squeegee! CAREFUL! Dont use tools that will scratch the sticker).
Near the edges the sticker can [missing words] and press multiple times. [Note: this sentence looks incomplete]
Finally go over the sticker foil once more with the squeegee, and carefully work the fluid away.
For sticking dry, follow the same steps as above, just leave away the pril-water. Here one thing should be clear to you: When the foil sticks, then it really sticks.
When you have sticked the foil, this time also finish with a squeegee, stick any possible air blubbles carefully with a needle and press the air out.

Minimal temperature to stick with the stickers: 7 degrees celcius.

RangerNeil

Post by RangerNeil » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:41 am

Thanks Duncan - that makes better sense than my poor efforts!! :)
Neil.

1969 FV622 Stalwart 19 ET 90 STALII/629 - now sold after loss of storage :(
1973 Series 3 109" FFR 55 FM 58 -
1978 Czech OT-90 - now has the PKT mounted, just need the KVPT....
UAZ 469

funkypete
Site Admin

Post by funkypete » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:18 am

I was once told by a Dutchman that my english was to bad to be Dutch, he then said you must be English :-BD I was wearing a Orange footie top, we were backing them in world cup few years back, in Pragues old square.
UAZ 452
Russian Sankey trailer
Mz Etz 125