469 prices in Poland

Moderators: Charlesm, KarlJ, zoltan

Eastblock

469 prices in Poland

Post by Eastblock » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:23 pm

Any idea what a GOOD condition 469 will set me back if bought in Poland? We need to have two cars and one of them might as well be something interesting ;) Having driven Gaz 69m, Uaz 452 and Robur over long distances I'm not entirely opposed to the idea of using an Uaz for the weekly trip to Maastricht and back. Meerbusch-Maastricht is 65 miles. That is the only driving I'm likely to be doing. Around Duesseldorf I prefer to ride my bicycle. As the drive to Maastricht is business travel I get paid €0.30 per kilometer so that should cover the fuel cost even with the high consumption of the Uaz. In Maastricht the car will be safely locked away in our company underground parking site and at home it will also have a place in the underground parking.

PS: I should add that I would prefer to buy one in Germany or even the UK but good ones (that I can afford) are not available that often.

Jorgus1983

Re: 469 prices in Poland

Post by Jorgus1983 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:11 pm

haymish
No.1 Gaz Research Engineer and Silver Surfer

Post by haymish » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:19 pm

love the little 452 tipper on allegro :x

acmatman

Post by acmatman » Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:54 pm

there are always some nice ones on www.mobile.de :sick:

Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:38 pm

I,m going to 'stick my oar in' now, because I,m here in Poland and I,ve gone through the mill of trying to buy things. Ok see my thread about my UAZ and see my vid. It is good and wasn,t cheap, it is a full bare metal resto with an Andoria.....but you know the saying about kissing a lot of frogs to get to the prince. Well the rules here in Poland are a bit strange....in UK you can view maybe 10 cars that say they are 'bare metal resto' and all will vary, but all will be pretty good, here a full resto can vary from letting his two 13 yr old sons play with it and some green paint! to the real thing.....but generally if they have put real work into it and it looks good all over, they will know what it is worth..(mine cost £4,000 equiv in polish Zloti) Jesus Christ though... you really do have to wade through the carp to get to a good one!!!! just don,t buy one that they say is in 'good nick' (Stan Bardzo Dobry) but hasn,t had a full resto, because that means it will be a bucket of shiiiite full of holes and plastic putty, wiring all over the place, with a drivetrain that has been thrashed within an inch of it,s life.....there might not even be a battery or fuel...they will tell you it is in great condition, but when you ask when it was last started that might be 3 years ago??? but it was running great then. 'Running great' here means it actually starts and might even have a kind of 'tickover'....if petrol engined it will be set way too fast....to keep it running. I do not mean to be disparaging.....it is just a matter of the 'culture' thats how it is here...expect it to be like that because that is how it is. I was lucky, the guy I brought from was more 'Western' in his own personal culture and outlook. Maybe I am talking just about the 'Podkarpacie' region in which I live? to me they are strangely 'more like Pakistanis' than Westerners (even to the thing about men squatting in circles on their haunches talking and drinking.....as if they don,t know what chairs are for??? but then when I was looking for a tractor I searched the ads all over Poland and found so many 'Stan Bardzo Dobry's' that were as I have already said, a bucket of Shiiite with the life thrashed out of them. (one guy who has worked in UK for a long time said they don,t sell anything here unless it is thrashed to death and even work their horses until they 'die between the shafts'...or should that be 'shaft'.....yep they only use one shaft here to save on wood???.....Lol some of the funniest experiences have been a guy trying to sell me something that had dirty crappy seat covers on and he wanted more money because the seat covers and the radio aerial he had welded to the bumper 'customised' it.....he also swore that the welded on bumpers enhanced it,s safety in a crash.....if he had be pulling my piiiiissser I wouldn,t have minded, but the poor dratsab was deadly serious......'Duellin Bajos' ??? BBB Baby you ain't seen nothin yet!!!!!!! Now you know all this you are armed to the teeth with the 'Knowledge' that you need to buy a UAZ in Poland......give it your best shot!!!! I did, I kissed a lot of frogs, but in the end I got a good one......we have named him 'Putin' cos he,s tough and if anybody gets in his way they dissappear to a gulag somewhere...gulag means under the front axle!!!!!!!!