Robur inflation

Moderators: Charlesm, KarlJ, zoltan

Eastblock

Robur inflation

Post by Eastblock » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:43 pm

The Robur I brought to the UK is now on Ebay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LFA-Robur-for ... SS:GB:3160

I sold it to a well known former forum member for £500. Interestingly the pictures are mine. I wonder if I can charge royalty?

gaz66chris

Re: Robur inflation

Post by gaz66chris » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:33 pm

is that the one i came and got for a friend?

gaz66chris

Post by gaz66chris » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:35 pm

thinking about it, i dont post enough to be a well known forum member!!

Eastblock

Post by Eastblock » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:14 pm

Someone further North.

jamie_grieve

Post by jamie_grieve » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:15 pm

I know the guy selling it and he's sound and defo not the bloke you sold it to. He got it from the same guy I got the Berliet from. Who is also a former user of this forum who I'm sure will be well remembered as a bit of a stranger to the truth.
Perhaps the same bloke? Do the veins in your forehead become visible when you think about him? He also ripped off my mate too, twice, once wasn't enough!!
He's had to do a fair bit of work to it since he's had it to get it up and running again. He's looking to concentrate on his Stonefield collection and just has too many projects on the go including one of mine!!
He's also into Volvo TGB's and to a lesser extent Land Rovers and is more looking for a swap I think. He's pretty easy going and a good bloke all round really. To be fair, times have changed recently regards the price of things. I still think the way I did before I left ten years ago that I can get a Land Rover with tax and test for £500. Just not the case any more, you can't really buy any 4x4 that can carry a ton for less than a few grand now if it's ready to roll. Times have changed.
I'm in the same boat with house and land prices just now and would rather live under a bridge than pay what folks think it's worth. Especially when you know what they paid and not long ago either.

Eastblock

Post by Eastblock » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:03 am

Well, he's not using current pictures of the vehicle so it's not entirely above board. Nor does he have my permisson to use those pictures. BTW, the asking price is absurd but some people will always try it on.