Ignition parts for Robur?

Moderators: Charlesm, KarlJ, zoltan

roburswest

Ignition parts for Robur?

Post by roburswest » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:33 am

I am looking for a stock rotor and cap for my Robur. Nothing exists here in the US that is even close. If anybody has any info on European suppliers please let me know. Are Robur parts available still?

I have a LO 2002A Military transport with the waterproof distributor. Cap has the press on spark plug wires. I know that a civilian distributor was manufactured with a normal style cap. Has anybody tested the fit of the civilian cap on the military distributor?

Thanks.

Eastblock

Re: Ignition parts for Robur?

Post by Eastblock » Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:35 am

I apologize in advance if I'm sounding a bit flippant but if you own a Robur you really need to speak German or know someone who does. There are no English speaking suppliers of parts that I know of. Parts are best sourced through German Ebay or the Robur forum: http://www.robur.de/smf/index.php

There is a business in Germany that took over spares sales when the factory closed but they are impossible to deal with if you are outside Germany. I tried and failed (and I speak German).

It seems that outside of Germany the humble Robur is mostly subjected to ridicule. Sadly so because it is quite a good little truck in my opinion - well built and simple.

To make life easy I would recommend you scrap the stock ignition system and fit a Megajolt solution. That way you won't have to worry about spares supply.

haymish
No.1 Gaz Research Engineer and Silver Surfer

Post by haymish » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:56 pm

:D if mega jolt a tad extreme contact h&h ignition solutions for a dizzy remake-claim to be able to do just about any dizzy and will service it for free in the event of any problems.

roburswest

Post by roburswest » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:19 am

Speaking German would be a help and yes, my friends make fun of my vehicle choices as well. None the less I am proud of this beast. I am planning to keep the original distributor, and convert it to a pertronix electronic ignition system. Would be nice to find a spare cap and a few other parts. Thanks for the info.