Buying Parts from Russia and the Ukraine

Moderators: funkypete, KarlJ, zoltan

Rob Reznik
Site Admin

Re: Buying Parts from Russia and the Ukraine

Post by Rob Reznik » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:28 am

from the W&P show I decided to head over to Poland and the Ukraine to get some parts for the Gaz and Uaz projects and a few tyres and Praga bits for some forum members - in short after a few days I left my van with friends on the Polish/Ukranian border and took a cheap flight back home - if you want the odd part then they are still available in Poland but no dealer I found had more than 25% of what I needed and my 'contact' in Kiev decided to go on a two week break (I think I have that affect on everyone :D ) - there are very few of these military trucks in normal use now and I think in a few years the parts situation will become interesting - Chinese parts are starting to creep in but I would say try and stick to NOS Russian ones or refurb your own old parts even if it is a it more expensive - steer well away from the Chinese stuff it really is Crap - I shall be flying back over in a week or two and may well go over to Russia and try and make some contacts there - Vlad (magnety) told me that the parts situation in the Ukraine is becoming more difficult and we may well drive over to Kharkov where there is still a supply. Prices are also increasing and if you plan to drive over there remember that fuel and living costs are now almost the same in the former east block countries as in the 'west' making transport a lot more expensive - the Polish have now also introduced a road toll tax for vehicles GVW over 3500 tonnes so my Van and trailer will cost an additional £60 to get through Poland - thats each way and whether the Van is full or empty. I visted 3 dealers in Poland and they all complained about being sent wrong parts from their Russian suppliers so please understand they are also facing the same issues as we do in the UK. In short I would stick to the dealers you are using and get things posted back - whilst some bits and postage may see expensive my round trip including flights will probably work out at around £1000 - thats a lot of postage!!!!
Rob

Jorgus1983

Post by Jorgus1983 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:47 am

All that rob says is very true
The new toll thing is probably one to look out for as long as its just the van u r fine the moment you put a trailer on it that's when u fall under the new rules

madmaxfather

Post by madmaxfather » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:51 pm

Gentelmen. I know one person who deal with DNEPR motocycle spareparts. Her name is Alena form Kiev Ukraine. As I know she started to sell parts for GAZ 69 and other soviet trucks. Who still do not know her please meet this kindly and high professional lady.
http://www.dnepr-kiev.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Arbalet-m ... 7013605680
http://www.facebook.com/arbaletka
http://arbaletka-alenkamotorcyclesdnepr.blogspot.com/

alex_t

Post by alex_t » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:27 pm

I'll try to give you some advice, guys.

If you want to buy spare parts from Russia or Ukraine - ask for price in rubles. Ruble become cheaper and cheaper every day and you spares too. About 40% cheaper from this summer. And Ukraine hryvnia too.

You will not need buy rubles in EU, but you will know actual price always.

mbaavgai

Post by mbaavgai » Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:55 am

Wow! A sad indictment indeed. Fortunately we all still love the machines.

Kozchik1

Post by Kozchik1 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:47 am

I have no problems with dealing with Ukrainian or Russian bulgarian parts shops.
But i do speak a bit Russian so that helps.
And to my suprise most ordered parts arrived within 4 days

acmatman

Post by acmatman » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:44 pm

last December I bought a plastic wheel cover for my Uaz 469 with the Uaz logo on the cover ,the price was €25USD AND FREEPOST ,the add was posted in Germany but it turned out the cover was being sent from Ukraine ,well it had not arrived by mid January despite tracking number ,so onto E bay 25USD refunded ,what turned up a week ago my new cover ,God bless Ukraine Postal Service :sick:

psserge

Post by psserge » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:48 pm

Hi
I`m Sergey
I sell spare parts for gaz 69, gaz20, gaz21, GAZ 24 And for trucks Gaz 51/63, zil 157, zil 130.
Delivery from 0 kg to 10 kg by Russian post. and from 10 to 150 kg dutie free - shipping will be from Poland.
my website retrogazparts.ru

mox1983

Post by mox1983 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:15 pm

Can anyone help with shipping a small amount of stuff from Ukraine over the border into one of the neighboring countries, preferably Poland? A friend in Odessa is holding some stuff for me, but is having difficulty posting it due to the size of a couple of the items.