Ladas

Moderators: Charlesm, KarlJ, zoltan

Bonobo

Re: Ladas

Post by Bonobo » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:17 pm

I used to have a Niva. Bought it for 350 quid off Ebay. It was awesome.

Then one day it got stolen. STOLEN!

I had to report it to the police...

'Hello, I need to report a stolen car'
'Certainly, what make of car is it?'
'It's a Lada'

It took about 5 minutes to convince them I wasn't joking.

Abrs
Top Banana (very helpful member)

Post by Abrs » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:56 pm

Don't worry, if it was a Niva they won't have gotten too far, the box will have annihilated itself if they tried to make a quick getaway ;)

But I do have a soft spot for the little ladas, and even the Czech built Skodas! Even had a Rapid for a short while :))
“There is something fascinating about science. One gets such wholesale returns of conjecture out of such a trifling investment of fact.”

Mark Twain

portamurda1

Post by portamurda1 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:38 pm

Abrs wrote:Don't worry, if it was a Niva they won't have gotten too far, the box will have annihilated itself if they tried to make a quick getaway ;)

But I do have a soft spot for the little ladas, and even the Czech built Skodas! Even had a Rapid for a short while :))
The box fault was poor quality selectors, a relatively easy fix, and to preserve the fix was to overfill the gearbox....a really stupid fuel recirculating system on the 1700 injection was potentially far worse as it circulated into a bottle in the cabin
Hotchkiss 12-2 (Kurz)
Panda 4x4s ‘fousands of em’
Jeep Renegade
Jeep Cherokee
Iveco 4x4
And agricultural stuff

Abrs
Top Banana (very helpful member)

Post by Abrs » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:13 pm

huhu the ones I've seen have been a bit worse than just selectors, there's always been bits of teeth/bearing when the oil's been dropped, of course that's not to say the chipped teeth weren't caused by dodgy selectors in the first place, either way it's been pretty terminal :(
“There is something fascinating about science. One gets such wholesale returns of conjecture out of such a trifling investment of fact.”

Mark Twain

portamurda1

Post by portamurda1 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:41 pm

Yeah, the selectors would wear off the 'so called' face hardening, then the chipping away would start...then it was only a matter of time afore the rest would disintegrate.
Hotchkiss 12-2 (Kurz)
Panda 4x4s ‘fousands of em’
Jeep Renegade
Jeep Cherokee
Iveco 4x4
And agricultural stuff