110 V8 CSW on LPG
Non Runners:
110 Hardtop with no engine
Series 2A Dormobile restoration
Series 1 80" ditto

portamurda1

Re: BRDM barn (field) find

Post by portamurda1 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:06 pm

its a real shame...if the gearbox/transmission/transfer box/axles etc are sound and the controls are there, wouldnt it be a relatively simple job to stick a diesel lump in....ignoring the silly price that is

i really wish id rescued the matador that rotted away in the railway sidings in Wortley 20 years ago
Hotchkiss 12-2 (Kurz)
Panda 4x4s ‘fousands of em’
Jeep Renegade
Jeep Cherokee
Iveco 4x4
And agricultural stuff

marcus

Post by marcus » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:30 pm

It's worth what someone will pay for it. If I could get my hands on some running gear I'd be interested in it, I love complete rebuilds. Unfortunately it's looking like I could be loosing the use of my workshop so I'm now loosing interest in my larger vehicles. ~X(

portamurda1

Post by portamurda1 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:57 pm

marcus wrote:It's worth what someone will pay for it. If I could get my hands on some running gear I'd be interested in it, I love complete rebuilds. Unfortunately it's looking like I could be loosing the use of my workshop so I'm now loosing interest in my larger vehicles. ~X(
thats a real downer...pity youre not closer, slowly getting the barn closer to becoming a workshop
Hotchkiss 12-2 (Kurz)
Jeep Renegade
Jeep Cherokee
Iveco 4x4
And agricultural stuff

Abrs
Top Banana (very helpful member)

Post by Abrs » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:07 am

lol mines in reverse, since the snow last year my workshop has become a barn crammed full of farm machinery and other cr@p as one of the machinery sheds partially collapsed, I'm using a mates place at the moment for anything really technical 8-|
“There is something fascinating about science. One gets such wholesale returns of conjecture out of such a trifling investment of fact.”

Mark Twain

portamurda1

Post by portamurda1 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:36 pm

Abrs wrote:lol mines in reverse, since the snow last year my workshop has become a barn crammed full of farm machinery and other cr@p as one of the machinery sheds partially collapsed, I'm using a mates place at the moment for anything really technical 8-|
still doesnt mean I'll be allowed to play with anything X_X
Hotchkiss 12-2 (Kurz)
Jeep Renegade
Jeep Cherokee
Iveco 4x4
And agricultural stuff

BRDM driver

Post by BRDM driver » Tue May 26, 2015 9:17 pm

Bovy had one in better condition going for scrap! (I would of had it, if it was mobile...)

If you could have got it for some random task (think barter) you might have been able to transplant something into it....

Nearly 4k for a wreck... some people.... I expect he has other piles of rust for similar money!

maxbaber

Post by maxbaber » Tue May 26, 2015 9:55 pm

BRDM driver wrote:Bovy had one in better condition going for scrap! (I would of had it, if it was mobile...)

If you could have got it for some random task (think barter) you might have been able to transplant something into it....

Nearly 4k for a wreck... some people.... I expect he has other piles of rust for similar money!

yeah, there's an old 1960's army beford, a lotus and a landrover 101, all of which are covered to the hilt in rust and have plants growing in
UAZ-469 now fully working.