New Tatra - Some Help needed..

Moderators: Charlesm, KarlJ, zoltan

eKyNoX

New Tatra - Some Help needed..

Post by eKyNoX » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:00 pm

Hello everyones,

A friend (Luke) told me to ask here about my request.

I am from France and with my girl, I will get soon normally a Tatra 815 VT 8x8 truck from Romania.

We have a project named "World Traveller Adventure" which include making our home on the truck, travelling around the world and doing lot of humanitary missions for a very long time (life?).

My friend told me also that there is a member here who got many russian and tatra trucks and who can share his experience with us.

This is the truck :

We think getting the truck at the end of September and we will get temporary romanian registration papers to start once buyed.
Any advices about the truck, informations for registering it, all papers needed, some mechanics, ideas ... anything ! We will listen it carrefully.

I hope my english is not so bad.

Here is our website (in high construction) : http://wta.travel

Thanks a lot for helping us.

Regards.

Thierry & Emma.

eKyNoX

Re: New Tatra - Some Help needed..

Post by eKyNoX » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:08 pm

Hello again,

Nobody already registered T815 in England ?

Thanks for help.

paulob1

Post by paulob1 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:44 pm

hi the 815 is not popular in the UK. i do not know of anyone with one. i have a tatty 813 which will be restored over the coming months. i am off to prague to buy some parts, i especially need a new engine, they cost about 3000 pounds....I would like to buy a tatra 815 but if they are constructed after 1980 then they have to conform to UK regulations which makes it tough on registering them..

your english is excellent,

eKyNoX

Post by eKyNoX » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:59 am

Hello,

Thanks for your help, we will finally register it in Romania (if the price is ok between the seller and us) and We hope you will have your 813 restored and repaired.

Send us your progression! Between Tatra owners, that could be great.

What will you do with that truck ?

If you got some good spare parts locations, feel free to share it.

Regards.

KNoX.

paulob1

Post by paulob1 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:44 pm

mortar investments is a good place for tatra spare parts. But the parts are readily available in the Czech republic. There are a lot of tatra dealers...

I plan to go there in the next few weeks to collect my engine and then fit it into the truck, we will then remove the old engine and rebuild that over time as a spare...are there other 815's in romania, are they a good price...