Tatra 813 related jabbering - go-faster mods & engine ident

Moderators: Charlesm, KarlJ, zoltan

Abrs
Top Banana (very helpful member)

Re: Tatra 813 related jabbering - go-faster mods & engine ident

Post by Abrs » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:06 pm

Good to see you back on the forum! :wink:

Only one way to find out if the box will stand it - Try it! :D Personally I would go for something heavier/more industrialized or even have a proper elliptical overdrive unit made/modified which would be very strong.
“There is something fascinating about science. One gets such wholesale returns of conjecture out of such a trifling investment of fact.”

Mark Twain

FridgeF

Post by FridgeF » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:25 pm

Abrs wrote:Only one way to find out if the box will stand it - Try it! :D
If someone could sell me a Tatra cheap I'll gladly try it, and make one for everyone if it works :D

paulob1

Post by paulob1 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:29 am

they seem never to be cheap but what is cheap in your eyes...to me5k would be great but unrealisitic, 7k where i would want to pay but 9-10k is where they seem to be...

Excalibur had a few but i think they may have sold them by now...

FridgeF

Post by FridgeF » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:01 am

What you said is about right - 5k I'd jump at, 7k would be nice, 10k is about what the last one worked out to by the time you add in the importing and all that jazz. Unfortunately the exchange rate headed south just as I went to look at it and wiped out the spare change to get it home & roadworthy. Shame 'cos it was a really clean truck :(

If I was being proper stupid I'd just say f**k it and get a bank loan, but that would be a proper silly idea.

Abrs
Top Banana (very helpful member)

Post by Abrs » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:49 am

You don't buy eastern block trucks because it's sensible anyhow! :lol: :wink:

Actually I don't think you'll find the buying of the truck to be the expensive part, it's all the other stuff that really costs the money i.e. transport, legal aspects, overhauling/replacing any parts that it needs plus others as backup, fuel, & then you'll need to put a price on your time sorting it all out - which you'll need a lot of :|
“There is something fascinating about science. One gets such wholesale returns of conjecture out of such a trifling investment of fact.”

Mark Twain