Sunday Run

Do you take the beast shopping? Or ferry the children to school? Can your truck be a practical, everyday vehicle?

Moderators: Charlesm, KarlJ, zoltan

asg

Sunday Run

Post by asg » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:16 am

Bill [Umvoti] and myself we joined the Cheshire and Merseyside Mvt group for a Sunday run. We went through Chirk Gogn Ceiriog Forest Motor Museum LLangollen and Finally Had a late lunch at The Ponderosa Cafe at the Horseshoe Pass. We went up a road where they used to test Military Vehicles. Our two Gaz 69's did very well.

iannima

Re: Sunday Run

Post by iannima » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:26 pm

My heartfelt congratulations to our Polish brothers in arms :-BD It looks like you had wonderful scenery and fabulous roads :ban .
That's the kind of fun I would love to do more of... :-BD

Abrs
Top Banana (very helpful member)

Post by Abrs » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:06 pm

Nice one lads. I love that area, it's really pretty when the weather's nice, how far up the A5 did you get? If you go on as far as corwen the scenery becomes a lot more dramatic as you head further out towards the snowdonia national park, some of the roads around Bala are really good, or if you fancy a bit of off roading fun try Clocaenog forest, it's 40 square miles of pretty wild terrain! :D Although not all of it is open to the public.

Andy did you drive all the way up & back home in the same day? :D Let me know next time you're heading up this way, I'll put the kettle on for you ;)
“There is something fascinating about science. One gets such wholesale returns of conjecture out of such a trifling investment of fact.”

Mark Twain

Umvoti

Post by Umvoti » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:33 pm

Abrs wrote:Andy did you drive all the way up & back home in the same day? :D Let me know next time you're heading up this way, I'll put the kettle on for you ;)
Hi John, sorry we should have popped in by you but was getting quite late in the afternoon. We came down from the Horse Shoe Pass into Pontblyddyn, I ran out of petrol just outside Treuddyn, Andrew went on to the BP garage to get extra fuel. We drove from Chirk to Glyn Ceiriog and then over the Ceiriog Forest and out near Carrog. The forest track was quite something, just mud and pot holes, just the place to put your truck through its paces. There is talk to do another trip in that area again but taking in World's End later this year, Andrew is dead keen on it so if you are free you should come along, plenty of room. Bill

Abrs
Top Banana (very helpful member)

Post by Abrs » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:10 pm

Hi Bill, no worries mate. Glad you got to grips with the little beasty at last, I'll bet it loved those forest tracks, gives the suspension a good work out :D Yeah, I thought I recognised some of the scenery, I used to work up there by the back of Carrog years ago tree planting, bleak bloody place when the weather closes in! Did you come down the track that comes out by the small church (St Thomas) in Glyndyfrdwy? If so I'm guessing you have total faith in the vehicles brakes :D

Haha, the shame of running out of juice! Hope the Jeep boys didn't see that :))

Yea, if you're going again at some point I'd be glad to come along if I can get away, it's pretty nice up there when the weather's warm. Cheers.
“There is something fascinating about science. One gets such wholesale returns of conjecture out of such a trifling investment of fact.”

Mark Twain

Maverick1701

Post by Maverick1701 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:22 am

it looks like y'all had a great time!
Chris

1987 Kaiser Jeep M35A2

1971 M35A2 (SOLD)

I need a MAZ 537....its not a want, its a need