Engineering plant

Moderators: Charlesm, KarlJ, zoltan

Abrs
Top Banana (very helpful member)

Engineering plant

Post by Abrs » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:13 am

Hi guys. Not specifically Russian orientated I know but is anybody here running any vehicles registered as 'Engineering plant' at the moment? Just been given conflicting information from VOSA about weather or not it will need plating, I know they were talking about removing the testing exemption for certain types of plant but the last I heard it was still in the consultation stages as they couldn't work out how to tackle such vehicles 8-| Just wondering if anybody knew anymore on the matter?

Actually I was just reading how this testing idea came about, it started a few years ago when some guy got killed while driving a large crane and his brakes failed due to poor maintenance, so this induced the usual political knee jerk reaction.....Everything must be tested! Ok fine I thought, large vehicles like that probably should be at least inspected, anyway guess which of the very few vehicle types will retain their exception? Yep, large cranes! because of the economic hardship to the owners and logistical difficulties :whistle:
“There is something fascinating about science. One gets such wholesale returns of conjecture out of such a trifling investment of fact.”

Mark Twain