Abrs
Top Banana (very helpful member)

Re: Vehicles owned by forum members

Post by Abrs » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:25 am

portamurda1 wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:12 pm
paulob1 wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:13 pm
SO at long last I have my zil 135 frog 7 missile launcher should be with me in 2 weeks..going to be fun to get it road worthy or at least running around the arean then we will have to build ourselves some frog 7 missiles...fairly simple, but I want mine to spit fire ans smoke out the back...that will be the challenge...oh I also got myself a T54 and an FV433 a luaz, and a Volvo L4151, alos found myself a 650 dniepr and a rover P6 3.5 and four rapier missiles and a few other bits and pieces...
Fire and smoke easy enough if you get some of those weed blow torches, take the nozzles off and feed off a propane tank, mix with old engine oil and fire and smoke
Not very environmentally friendly but effective
I'd be slightly cautious of using any type of oil vapour, it can give a you a nice flashbang sometimes if the air/fuel ratio becomes just right. Not to mention it's probably not very good for the old pulmonary system should you be breathing it in much :))

Steam is probably safer in some ways, but avoid any sealed container system as the pressure can build rapidly to bursting point. Using LPG as a heat source is probably the most effective method to generate steam, possibly by using an open ended heat exchanger whilst pumping water through it with something like a little air operated husky pump.
“There is something fascinating about science. One gets such wholesale returns of conjecture out of such a trifling investment of fact.”

Mark Twain

portamurda1

Post by portamurda1 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:30 pm

Abrs...it’s how the Russians make smoke, they just inject oil into the hot exhaust, not very environmentally friendly but it works
Hotchkiss 12-2 (Kurz)
Panda 4x4s ‘fousands of em’
Jeep Renegade
Jeep Cherokee
Iveco 4x4
And agricultural stuff

paulob1

Post by paulob1 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:46 pm

my thoughts were simpler than that, just turn on the burner and then inject the water mist instant steam...not sure how much I will produce at first but we will have a play with it...

portamurda1

Post by portamurda1 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:17 pm

Easiest way is a marker flare...easily obtainable and can be remotely ignited...
Get from paintball suppliers or boat chandlers
Hotchkiss 12-2 (Kurz)
Jeep Renegade
Jeep Cherokee
Iveco 4x4
And agricultural stuff

Abrs

Post by Abrs » Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:31 pm

portamurda1 wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:30 pm
Abrs...it’s how the Russians make smoke, they just inject oil into the hot exhaust, not very environmentally friendly but it works
Of course yes I understand this, I was just trying to say potentially oil vapour can be dangerous, it's a little bit different if you are injecting it straight into an exhaust, if it ignites it can only come out though the tailpipe, not so if it's being produced in an uncontained environment :)) I'm not saying it's a bad idea just that you'd need to be careful how you implement it. ;)
“There is something fascinating about science. One gets such wholesale returns of conjecture out of such a trifling investment of fact.”

Mark Twain

portamurda1

Post by portamurda1 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:03 pm

Weed burner feeds into perforated tube with a flame trap about half way down, after which is the oil injector, from a bubble stove or diesel heater, then rest of perforated tube...it does work, it just stinks and cannot be used in a closed environment
Hotchkiss 12-2 (Kurz)
Jeep Renegade
Jeep Cherokee
Iveco 4x4
And agricultural stuff

Abrs

Post by Abrs » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:55 pm

If you want lots of smoke I've an absolutely sh#gged old petter engine in a little old dumper, it just about starts, god knows how as there's virtually no compression! Once it does start it fills the yard with smoke to the point you can no longer see the dumper anymore, it's even more impressive when you use it inside a building :))

Mark Twain

Gustavot88

Post by Gustavot88 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:34 am

paulob1 wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:38 pm
I know

zil 135 hope it becomes mine in the near future...come on rob get that price down...
zil 131
Ural 375d
Ural 4320
Star 660
Gaz 69
Uaz 452
MTLB

what else...
very good model